The optical fair
Event date29/09/2023 2/10/2023
VenueParis Nord Villepinte
The next Silmo Paris will take place from 29 September to 2 October 2023, in Paris Nord Villepinte, a unique experience for the development and international influence of the entire optical industry (opticians, optometrists, ophthalmologists, manufacturers).
The strength of SILMO Paris lies in its ability to bring together independent opticians, chain stores, distributors and wholesalers from all over the world. Nearly 27,000 visitors, 55% of whom are international from 130 countries, attend each year. More than just a trade show, SILMO Paris accompanies the optics and eyewear industry in discovering the latest trends, promoting excellence and revealing innovation, supporting continuing education and research, and maximising meetings between the profession’s players.
With more than 1,500 brands represented, the entire range of products and services for the optical and eyewear industry will be on show. This year, three fast-growing sectors will be particularly highlighted:
- the Smart glasses area will present the latest innovations in smart glasses, connected glasses, the retail sector of tomorrow, etc.
- intelligent, connected and futuristic machines to seduce the optical world of tomorrow
- materials for lenses and glasses to meet the growing demand of buyers looking for quality and visual comfort
SILMO Next, a showcase of creation and innovation, allows interaction and reflection to imagine the future of the sector, structured around five areas:
- The Futurology area presents innovations in terms of eco-design, new materials, circular economy, connected products, solutions and/or systems linked to new technologies, large companies and start-ups, often outside the sector, who come to experiment, invent and transform optics and eyewear.
- Trends by SILMO is the showcase of the season’s trends and novelties, as well as the showcase of an industry that has already started to become aware of the need to act more responsibly on a daily basis.
- The reflection on CSR is the subject of content presented at the show, such as studies, surveys, testimonies and information sharing
- The Meilleurs Ouvriers de France (Best Workers of France) are participating for the first time at SILMO Next. As bearers of a heritage based on craftsmanship, proximity and authenticity, they are responding to new consumer behaviour and future challenges.
- SILMO Next also hosts exchanges and debates with Talks by professionals and companies who reveal the future prospects of the physical, virtual and connected worlds and share their experiences to enable the players in the sector to create new synergies and compare their points of view on the future of their professions.
Every year since 1995, the SILMO d’Or awards and celebrates the talent and creativity of the optical industry in 10 categories: Vision (lenses, contactology), Material / Equipment, Low vision, Sport and protection, Children, Technological innovation and eyewear, Optical fittings and sunglasses “designer eyewear”, Optical fittings and sunglasses “brands and labels”.
With the Silmo Academy (recognised as a professional education event), a renewed TV set, demonstrations by the Best Craftsmen in France, etc., SILMO Paris enables the entire profession to learn about the changes in the optical industry, while discovering new perspectives for professional development.
Key figures (2022)
- 1500 brands represented
- 70,000 sq.m. of exhibition space
- 27,000 visitors from 130 countries
- Top 10 visiting countries: Italy, Belgium, Germany, Netherlands, UK, Spain, USA, Switzerland, Tunisia, Morocco
Sectors represented by exhibitors
- Optical frames
- Low vision
- Equipment for opticians
- Point of sale equipment